Mensendiek's Auction Service
Mensendiek's Auction Service
Home
Upcoming Auctions
Real Estate Listings
Links
About Us
Email Notices
Contact Us

Search in: Keywords:
See bottom of page to submit bids
Category: ALL (17 records) ONLINE ONLY AUCTION OF PAINTINGS FOR NORTH CHRISTIAN CHURCH COLUMBUS, IN - ENDING SUNDAY NOVEMBER 17TH 2019 ENDING STARTS AT 6:30 P.M.

Item Photo Description Bids High
Bidder
Current
Amount
Next Bid
Required
Your
Bid
Your
Maximum
1 T_1.JPGNorth Christian Church was founded in 1955 and built in 1964. The church was one of the last buildings to be designed by renowned Finish-American architect Eero Saarinen, who died in 1961, before the church was completed. It is one of Columbus’ national historic landmarks. Eero Saarinen was also known for designing the St. Louis Arch and the TWA Flight Center in New York City. 1 5141 200.00 205.00
submit bid
2 T_2.JPGFirst Christian Church was completed in 1942, was the first modern building in Columbus, and was one of the very first churches in the United States to be built in a modernist architectural style. The building, designed by Finnish architect Eliel Saarinen, consists of a glass-fronted main hall, with a tower, and bridge section. Interior details such as light fixtures, screens, and furniture were designed by Saarinen's son Eero’s wife Loja and famed designer Charles Eames. It has the distinction of being one of Columbus’s national historic landmarks.       200.00
submit bid
3 T_3.JPGSt. Peter’s Lutheran Church was built in 1988 and designed by architect Gunnar Birkerts. Clad in brick and concrete, the church lifts itself above its surroundings with a 186-foot tall, copper-clad spire that references the old cathedrals of Birkerts’ native Latvia. Eilel Saarinen’s First Christian Church can be seen in the background. 1 5107 205.00 210.00
submit bid
4 T_4.JPGFirst Baptist Church was built in 1965 and designed by distinguished architect Harry Weese. The structure is a fine example of a modernist church, with forms simplified to their pure geometric shapes, such as the spires becoming triangles. It is one of seven national historic landmarks in Columbus, Indiana.       200.00
submit bid
5 T_5.JPGLarge Arch is an outdoor sculpture by British sculptor Henry Moore and installed in 1971 in the outdoor plaza of the Cleo Rodgers Memorial Library. Xenia and J. Irwin Miller commissioned the sculpture as a gift to the newly opened I.M. Pei library. The sculpture is nearly 20 feet tall and is made of sandcast bronze with a green patina. In this painting, the sculpture is surrounded by “Conversation Plinth,” by architectural firm IKD, and was one of the installations of the 2017 Exhibit Columbus. 1 5124 200.00 205.00
submit bid
6 T_6.JPGIrwin Inn and Gardens was built in 1864 by Joseph I. Irwin, Columbus banker and businessman. This Italianate design was remodeled in 1880 to accommodate four generations of the Irwin family. The current mansion was the achievement of Henry A. Phillips, a Massachusetts architect, who was hired by William G. Irwin in 1910. The highlight of this two-acre property is the garden, a beautiful maze based on the Casa degli Innamorati in Pompeii. 2 5143 205.00 210.00
submit bid
7 T_7.JPGThe First Financial Bank was designed by Harry Weese in 1961; Thomas Beeby designed the seamless addition in 1996. The building is sited along Hawcreek and it complements two nearby bridges with similar gray-glazed brick. The four brick towers, which originally housed the drive-up windows for depositing money, provide a prominent identity for the bank       200.00
submit bid
8 T_8.JPGThe Mill Race Park Covered Bridge and the round lake form the centerpiece of the 83-acre park, designed by Michael Van Valkenburgh. In the 1800s wood was a plentiful in the United States, so it was often used to build such bridges. Covering them with roofs and walls helped protect the plank floors from harsh weather.       200.00
submit bid
9 T_9.JPGThe Bartholomew County Courthouse was designed by noted architect Issac Hodgson, and built in 1871 – at the cost of $250,000. Construction was done by McCormick Sweeny. It is a three-story, Second Empire-style, red brick building trimmed in limestone. The clock tower is the centerpiece of the city and stands at 154 feet tall. The limestone pillars of the Veterans Memorial can be seen in this painting.       200.00
submit bid
10 T_10.JPGThe Cleo Rogers Memorial Library was designed by I.M. Pei & Partners, constructed by Dunlap & Company, completed in 1969, and dedicated in 1971. It is the flagship library of the Bartholomew County Public Library system. It is named for Cleo Rodgers (1905-1964) who was the Library Director from 1936 to 1964.       200.00
submit bid
11 T_11.JPGColumbus Pump House was designed by architect Harrison Albright and completed in 1903. From 1903 to 1951 it served as the city’s water works and pumped water from the White River for domestic use and to produce electricity for the city’s street lighting. In 2016 the building was renovated to become a restaurant for the Upland Brewing Company. The building stands on the banks of the East Fork of the White River at the foot of Second Street in Columbus. 1 5140 200.00 205.00
submit bid
12 T_12.JPGThe Robert N. Stewart Bridge is a cable-stayed bridge, designed by J. Muller International, and completed in 1999. The bridge is fully suspended and the 40 cables that support the structure are in the shape of a fan. The four pylon legs, which measure 4.5 feet in diameter and 122 feet in length, come together 95 feet above the bridge deck. In 2012 City Engineer Dave Hayward worked with two Indianapolis companies to bring colored lighting to the bridge for both visitors and residents to enjoy. The Bartholomew County Courthouse and First Christian Church are visible in the background. 1 5146 250.00 255.00
submit bid
13 T_13.JPGColumbus Old City Hall is a historic city hall located at 5th Street and Franklin Street. It was designed by architect Charles Franklin Sparrell and built in 1895. It is a three-story, Romanesque Revival style red brick building on a limestone foundation, featuring a steeply pitched slate roof, prominent parapet gables, and four-story tower above an arched entrance. 1 5140 200.00 205.00
submit bid
14 T_14.JPGThe Bartholomew County Jail was designed by Don M. Hisaka in 1990. The four-story building has a wire mesh dome for outdoor recreation. The oval shaped jail features brick and limestone materials that are complementary to nearby Columbus City Hall and the Bartholomew County courthouse.       200.00
submit bid
15 T_15.JPGSaint Bartholomew Roman Catholic Church. Inspired by a growing congregation and the need to consolidate its worship and educational functions, Saint Bartholomew Roman Catholic Parish hired RATIO, out of Indianapolis, Indiana, to create a master plan for its campus. The 900-seat church incorporates contextual stone materials found on existing campus buildings and a soaring roof structure with generous natural lighting and stained glass consistent with the parish’s desire for an inviting and welcoming presence. 1 5150 200.00 205.00
submit bid
16 T_16.JPGThe Bartholomew County Courthouse was designed by noted architect Issac Hodgson and built in 1871 – at the cost of $250,000. Construction was done by McCormick Sweeny. It is a three-story, Second Empire-style, red brick building trimmed in limestone. The clock tower is the centerpiece of the city and stands at 154 feet tall. This image was painted as viewed from Washington Street.       200.00
submit bid
17 T_17.JPGThe Cummins Irwin Office Building was designed by Kevin Roche and built in 1973 as an addition to the Irwin Conference Center (formerly the Irwin Union Bank). It is a 3-story, predominantly glass building, located directly across Jackson Street from the Cummins Corporate Office Building. The building sits immediately north of the Dan Kiley designed landscape of the Irwin Plaza. 1 5140 200.00 205.00
submit bid

Bidder number Password - Increments

© 2013, Mensendiek's Auction Service